Monday, June 11, 2007

Is The Baby Here Now?

Well, he's here but just not, like, here here.

To say he's not here seems strange: I feel his every move. How could I feel his every move if he wasn't here?

He's getting bigger, stronger, heavier and enjoys teasing me with contractions. But, I know this isn't forever.

He's enjoying the ride though. I can tell. "You can't get me!" I can almost hear, "Take this!" and whammo, another false labor sign.

Or, he'll bounce for several minutes between my ribs and pelvis enjoying the rhythm of his hiccups.

And the clock ticks from 11 pm to 12 am and on to 1 am while he practices aerobics.

So, for those of you wondering if the baby has been born yet, no he hasn't. But to me, he's already here.

Now just to get him born so the rest of the world can see that he's been "here" for the last 9 months.

No comments: