Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chewiest Brownies

Our favorite brownie recipe. Even a 7 year old I know enjoys making these.

1 cup cocoa

1 cup flour

2 cups white sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup melted butter

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla



Combine all ingredients and mix well. Batter should be very thick and sticky.

Line 9x13 pan with greased parchment paper. Spread mixture into prepared pan.

Bake at 300 for 30 minutes. Garnish with 1/3 cup powdered sugar if desired.

These brownies are a rich chocolate brownie, very chewy and not cakey at all. Note the equal amount of cocoa to flour.

Thoroughly enjoyed without frosting.

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

will have to try! :) thanks for sharing.

Jean said...

Sounds yummy. I also just figured out how to print off of your blog. Saves hand copying this recipe down. I think I'll try it for a treat to take to the fellowship tea that we have every Wed. after the prayer meeting. I'm sure my own family will love it too.