Thursday, October 12, 2006

Line Upon Line...

A little, fuzzy head. A perfect, cherub mouth. Peaceful, sleepy eyes. A tiny, button nose.

Ten perfect, tiny fingers and the cutest little toes. Hands that tightly grasp anything in reach.

So trusting, so vulnerable, so innocent and so pure.

Angelic little baby smells waft gently around the bundle. Sweet fragrances fill the home that is blessed with Heaven's treasure.

There tucked inside that soft, warm blanket is the bearer of your dreams. The fulfiller of your hopes and the answer to many prayers.

But just beginning is a life that will consume your days and nights. This baby who answered your prayers is also only the beginning to many more.

Children are a reward from God but with a reward comes responsibility. And the more that reward means to you, the more seriously you'll take that responsibility.

With joy, we accept yet another reward from the Lord. A new little treasure is due to arrive next June and we await with excited anticipation the blessing this little life will be to our home.

Right now, the reward doesn't feel so rewarding considering the nauseating responsibility this task is. But, I still love being pregnant and look forward to brighter days when the thrill of being pregnant outweighs the physical limitations of being sick.


Line upon line the test changed the course of our lives

16 comments:

joygirl said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!! Oh boy! I'm ready for another niece or nephew!!!

Bethany said...

Congratulations Toby and Courtney! I was thrilled to hear the news about the new little one God is sending to your household. I'm praying for you, and can't wait to meet the newest little Nelson!

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations!!! Oh the joy of knowing another baby is on the way!!!!
I'll be praying for you and that precious new life yet to arrive!!!!
Great Picture!!!

Rachel Marie said...

Awesome!

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you, Court!!! Thanks for announcing the news of your new, sweet treasure!

I'm so happy for you! Wow, what a blessing from God! I'm praying for you!:-)

God's richest blessings!

Brittney said...

Can't wait! I love being an aunt. I'm so happy the due date is so close to my birthday. If "she's" not born on my birthday, well then she'll be either an early birthday gift or a belated one. Either way "she'll" be mine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Court & Toby!! I think Britt was about to split in two from happiness when she told me the other night! That's most wonderful. *big grin* God bless you and your sweet little growing family!

Hugs,
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Btw, I LOVE the new blog look - so cute! ;-)

Becc@ said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Toby and Courtney!!
Now I understand why there was no blogging going on=)!

The Lord bless you and give you much strength!

I'll be praying for you!

muzic4him said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for this news! Needless to say, I'm thrilled for you! Maybe this time I'll actually get to see you when you're pregnant. :-) I've missed that privilege the last two times!

I love your new blog look!! One of these days you'll have to send BrittLeigh over to mine to redo it! :D

Elizabeth Pruett said...

Hearty congratulations to you both! I like the new look of your blog too!

Owen Family said...

I just posted a comment on Britt's blog, offering my congratulations. But, after thinking about it, it certainly would be more fitting here! So...even though we've never met, I would like to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am for you and your family!! What a blessing!

Chelsea

The Mom said...

Thank you to all of you for your sweet congratulations to us! It is always fun to share baby news and it makes it hard for us to keep the news to ourselves for any length of time. The overwhelming response I got on my blog will continue to make it hard to keep this news a secret. :) Thanks again for all the support and encouragement you've given us. I look forward to filling my blog with baby updates in the near future. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! :D

I'm a new reader to your blog... you left a comment on my livejournal once (wifeofjoshua). :)

HeatherErin said...

These kind of posts always get the most comments, don't they? ;)

Anonymous said...

Court

This blog is my favorite by far. Congrats to you and Toby. What a wonderful blessing.