Sunday, December 04, 2005

Blinkies

In case you can't tell, I'm on a blinky binge. I told Toby it's my new blog background; like a new stationery or something.

It was a valuable computer language crash-course to learn how to interpret that gibberish when inserting all those silly icons into my Template. I never knew these things "< >" could be so important. (It took me about two minutes to find them on my keyboard just now.)

My two favorite blinky sites were this one and this one. I also like this one for the variety. And this one was absolutely adorable.

Most blinkie sites will urge you not to steal their bandwidth. At first I didn't know what that meant and thought I was guilty of it until I read that if you are saving the blinkies to your hard drive (right click, save as...) and then uploading them somewhere else (like photobucket.com) before putting them on your website, message board, blog, etc., then you're doing it right. It all scared me at first but then I realized that I was already snagging them legally and had no reason to fear the internet cops. But good information to keep in mind nonetheless.

You can roll your eyes at my blinkies or enjoy them. Either way, I won't give a blink.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

Love your blinkies! I want some!!!